Font

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Horse Trailer

I bought my first horse trailer.  She's a peach paid $500 for a 1978, 2 horse trailer.  I bought the trailer sight unseen (other than one picture from the online classifieds).  When we went to Salt Lake to pick up the trailer I was surprised that none of the lights work and the awesome blue paint job looks like it was painted with a roller brush, but hey what do you get for $500.  After my husband fixes it up it's going to be awesome, I just know it!



 
 
Since I now own a trailer I decided that I needed to learn how to back the trailer up.  My husband hooked the trailer up and off we went for my first driving a trailer lesson.  I have drove with a trailer before but only forward.  Never backwards.  First on the agenda, taking Rick through the drive through at Wendy's.  I was sweating bullets, this was way out of my comfort zone of going forward.  I tried to talk him into driving but he made me do it.  The line was long and I had plenty of time to think of how many things could go wrong.  I just imagined taking out the whole menu board.  I survived the drive through without doing any damage.  Next up, church parking lot.  My first attempt at backing up was comical.  I missed the lines by a mile.  Second attempt was almost perfect.  I got between the trailer between the lines but I didn't have the truck straight.  I'm still going to call it a success. 




2 comments:

  1. Do what I do when the going gets scarey in Johnny's Hummer - I close my eyes and hope for the best!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Kat! I'm thinking of taking the horse trailer by myself to Montana, I might need to try that than! Come go with me!! xoxoxo

      Delete