Font

Monday, July 8, 2013

My Babies (dogs)

Yep, I'm one of those people that consider their dogs their kids.  I love my dogs. 

I got Gracie when I was 19.  She's my baby.  I lived by myself and decided I wanted a dog to keep my company.  My parents had 2 shelties so I decided that is what I wanted too.  She was an adorable little fluff ball when I picked her out from the crazy German lady. I loved her instantly, but I'm not going to lie it was hard to get used to having a puppy.  She does what she wants and has since day one.  She is my traveling partner, my room mate and my friend.  She's quirky and she doesn't like anyone.  She hides from little kids and she only eats when I'm home.  Strangely enough she is becoming friendlier in her "old age" and now likes a select few people, including Rick. 

Gracie
Gracie

Rick wanted a big dog.  We adopted Lucy from the Humane Society in Casper, Wyoming.  We went to the pound and looked around.  It was so sad.  There were so many dogs there I almost cried.  Rick and Uncle Bob picked Lucy out.  She was one of the only dogs that didn't bark when you walked by.  We had a little bit of a rough start with Lucy.  She jumped out of the car window on the way home from Casper.  Her and Gracie did not get along one bit.  In fact Lucy bit Gracie the first week we had her.  I wanted to give her away. No on hurts Gracie and gets away with it.  Needless to say we had a rough start with Lucy.

Lucy
Lucy
After quite some time Gracie and Lucy started to get a long and I fell in love with Lucy.  She is a good dog.  Everyone loves her, including Gracie.  They complete each other.  Lucy listens, Gracie does what she wants.  Gracie likes to play fetch, Lucy likes to steal the toys.  Gracie likes to ride in the back of the truck, Lucy likes to ride up front.  One thing they both have in common is they both love attention!

Our Family
Our Happy Little Family

No comments:

Post a Comment