Font

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A little introduction


I grew up in a small town in Utah, inside the city limits.  The closest I came to being raised around a farm was my great grandma Mimi, when I was little she had chickens, peacocks and a large garden.  My parents were more into horsepower than any sort of real horse.  Sure we had a family dog, tried out hamsters and rabbits both which were eventually “set free.”  I have always had a draw to the farm life and after moving away from small town Utah and trying out a fewer bigger  cities, following my dreams and having way too much fun I decided to move back to small town Utah and work at the family business.

It was a big adjustment; I had enjoyed the luxuries of a bigger town, shopping, good restaurants and a night life to name a few.  All of which my hometown is lacking.  I settled down, met a nice guy and got married and somewhere along the way I decided I want to be a farmgirl.  We have 2 dogs, 9 chickens and one recently purchased horse. 
I've never been a girly girl per say... but I do like girly things.  I grew up the only girl in the family so I always tagged along with my brothers and did guy things so I didn't have to miss out on anything.  I bought my first Harley Davidson when I was 17 and have traveled the western United States with my Dad, brothers and friends where I was normally the only girl to go on road trips. So in some ways I'm girly and other ways I'm not.  I have a weakness for shoes, purses and cars.  I decided to start a blog because I'm not very good at this farmgirl stuff and always have stories of how not good I am.  Life is an adventure, this is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment